London is an iconic city to explore and has plenty to offer for the tourists. The weather here is unpredictable but is always pleasant and is a great way to get along with your family members and checkout what the city has to offer. But when you are exploring, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind. Here are a few things that you need to keep in mind as tourists while exploring London.
1. Remember your manners – Words like Sorry, Please and Thank You should be used at appropriate places. People in London expect you to be polite and are also polite. But it is only respectable when you reciprocate.
2. Don’t poke fun at the Royal family – They are highly esteemed and are loved by the people in London. Talking ill about them in public could land you in trouble.
3. Avoid certain hand gestures – Some of the hand gestures do not have a universal meaning. For instance the peace sign could be equivalent to showing a middle finger to the person in front of you. So make sure you are careful while communicating with the locals.
4. Do not be afraid to ask for help – People in England are known to be helpful and polite. If you are lost, do not hesitate to ask for help. In return you can show your appreciation.
5. Do not try to break the queue – When you are at a public place while buying tickets for a museum or other places, make sure that you oblige with the queue and not try to break it. The locals might not accept such a behavior.
6. Do not cross the street without looking both ways – Traffic in England approaches from right but in many other countries it is the opposite. At many places it is written ‘look left’ or look right’ but it is best to look both ways while crossing a street.
Photo Credits: Pixabay