Travelling is a time when you might want to loosen up and make some space for yourself. This is also a time when a number of people compromise on their eating habits and that affects all the efforts that they have taken when they were on their regular routine. Eating processed and sugary foods, binging on sweets and indulging in temptations are some of the examples that can affect your eating habits. But here we will be discussing about a few snack ideas for the time when you are travelling.
1. Nuts – Nuts are something that can save you from the temporary hunger pangs. You can pack a small bag that has nuts which are not just healthy, but also give you the needed energy when you are travelling. While on a road trip, you could stop by a restaurant to have a complete meal instead of binging on the salty and sugary snacks.
2. Granola bars – These bars are healthy and are made of some healthy stuff like nuts. They do not contain ingredients which are processed and are a great way of giving you the energy till you reach the next stop for a meal.
3. Water – it is important to remain hydrated while travelling. It also helps in suppressing your hunger to a level. If you are on a road trip, it is a great idea to carry plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated.
4. Fruits – Fruits are a great way of having guilt free sugar. These contain natural sugar and provide the needed fibre and energy that you need till you travel till your next destination. Apples, grapes, berries and seasonal fruits can be taken along.
5. Salad sandwiches – If you are still not satisfied, then salad sandwiches can be carried with ease. You can make them or just carry the basic ingredients to assemble a fresh one when you are hungry while on the go. They contain plenty of fibre and a indeed guilt free.
Photo Credits: Pixabay