If you think Italy is just about its great architecture, think twice! Apart from its diverse art and creativity, the sovereign state in Europe also offers some great food, beautiful scenery and a whole lot of possibilities. If you are planning to take a trip to Europe, then Italy is a must visit country for people who love their food and have a soft corner for art. Here are a few places in Italy that you must not miss.
1. Rome – Like the proverb goes, Rome was not built in a day, so you certainly cannot see it in a day. The spectacular Colosseum, the palace ruins, 2000 year old Pantheon and the art-filled Vatican museums should not be missed. You can also shop in the narrow lanes or just toss a coin in the popular Trevi Fountain.
2. Venice – You need at least a couple of days for Venice to give ample justice to your trip. Travel to the Grand Canal by the gondola, also known as vaporetto or visit the grand palazzo Ducale to get the actual flavor of Italy. You might even get tired of clicking pictures or run out of memory while snapping the array of Venetian architecture. Shoppers can indulge at the Rialto Market. People who love to explore new places can go to the cichetti known as the Venetian Tapas and explore the 400 bridges and 150 canals.
3. Milan – Milan is one of the iconic places in the northwest of Italy and has the grand Gothic Duomo cathedral along with the world-class opera at La Scala and Leonardo Da Vinci’s Last Supper. Do not forget to take a short train ride to belle époque Lake Maggiore.
4. Cinque Terre’s harbours and hills – For the ultimate country experience visit the vinyards at the Cinque Terre National Park. The villages flow towards the tiny harbours lined with bars and restaurants. The five villages here are linked with rural trains and ferries.
5. Naples – Naples is a historic place and demands to be visited as it has the traditional roman architecture especially at the Museo Archeologico Nazionale as well as the Neapolitan Baroque Certosa e Museo di San Martino.
Photo Credits: Pixabay