The Langkawi is the largest island in the west coast of Malaysia. There are plenty of activities that can be done during the tropical escape. The island has a dry season from December to February and has a long rainy season from November to March. The month of September is the peak rainy season. Whenever you come to Langkawi here are the must-do’s during your stay.
1. Boat tour to Kilim Karst Geoforest park – Lusshy helmed waterways and tiny tributaries of the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park are the jewels of the place. You can anytime be able to spot a lazy python or even a huge monitor lizard while they are resting on the roots of mangroves.
2. Ride on the Skycab cable car – The Langkawi Skycab is located in the Oriental Village, which is a shopping area with small attractions. The Skycab takes you above the dense canopy of Gunung Machincang rainforest. It is a steep ride up the Mount Mat Cincang and takes you at the peak 708m above sea level.
3. Go Jet skiing – Riding a jet ski is one of the coolest way to explore Langkawi from the water. Usually four skis including the guide are set off in an arrow formation.
4. Go shopping duty free – The island is a duty free zone. You can get some good bargains with chocolates, perfumes and more such items especially at the jetty area and on the shopping strip at Pantai Cenang. Tobacco, alcohol, sweets and electronics are the main attraction on the island and are available at tax free prices.
5. Go for the sunset cruise – The sunset cruise provides a beautiful sunset vision along with some good music, food and off-course good company. The cruise also goes through the Dataran Lang which has a large sculpture of an eagle. The 12 meter high bird has its face out to the water and is such a prominent attraction that you cannot miss.