Travelling is surely fun, but there are many things that travelers often skip and they end up spending more than they had actually planned. While travelling, there are high chances that you might end up overspending, miss opportunities or forget something that was really important and on your checklist. To avoid such blunders, here are a few mistakes that you can avoid next time you are travelling.
1. Don’t buy food near a big tourist site – It is a very commonly seen that food near a popular tourist attraction is really expensive. This is because, the restaurants at such places need not to worry about the quality. You can instead opt for a non-blingy restaurant which is way cheaper and also has better quality food.
2. Avoid exchanging currency at airport – it can be really expensive to exchange currency at the airports unless it is really urgent and essential. Instead you can opt for ATMs or a credit card. Stick to your cards as much as possible.
3. Do not carry travelers cheques – Travellers cheques were used during times when ATMs were rear and credit card acceptance was an issue on an international land. But these days such cheques are useless and only a few banks accept them and offer protection.
4. Do not reject a hostel – When you think of a hostel, you usually imagine untidy and smelly place which is infested with bugs and flies. But these days the hostels are way more cleaner and also offer a number of amenities in a very negligible fees.
5. Do not take taxis – This is one of the big ways, your holiday budget can go for a toss. You can instead use the public transport which is way cheaper. Taxi can be used in case you are sharing it with a couple of others.
6. Do not book your trip way too early – Booking trips early can surely give you peace of mind, but you might miss a good deal that is usually offered just before the holiday season. Watch for the deals carefully before you book yours.
Photo Credits: Pixabay