It has been more than a year with the coronavirus pandemic and the vaccines have also started to rollout. A number of people might be packing their bags for a holiday after being at home during the pandemic. But a number of things are yet to get back to pre-COVID. People could discover a number of things that should be considered as a new normal. Here are a few things that you should be aware of before you plan a trip.
1. You might need a vaccine passport – A number of countries including the United States now require people to carry a proof that they have taken the vaccine. The issuance of such passports has not yet been implemented but has been approved by US President Joe Biden in January 2021.
2. A number of spots are yet to reopen – As a precautionary measure, a number of regions are yet to be reopened. Make sure that you do some research before you book your tickets.
3. You will still need a negative COVID-19 test – In order to return to the United States people will have to show a negative COVID-19 test report or a recovery before boarding the flight.
4. Restaurants and venues need reservations – Since the restrictions continue across the globe, tourists will have to do prior reservations at restaurants or venues. Even the theme park tickets will have to be pre-booked as the entry of people is going to be restricted.
5. You will have to pack extra things – Travelling is going to be different hereafter and you will have to carry extra masks, hand sanitizers, own toilet paper and contactless credit card.
6. Travel insurance might not cover everything that you thought it did –Policies for travel insurance has changed and people might have to purchase travel insurance for financial protection. Just make sure to be aware of what it covers and what it does not.
Photo Credits: Pixabay