Solo travelling might be something that a number of people might be planning and waiting for. While some might have some inhibitions, some could also have certain fears. Travelling with a group can be fun, but travelling solo has its own joys. Being in a group is when you go with the flow, but being alone will is when you also need to be aware of your surroundings and most importantly – have a plan. Here are a few tips for people who are planning to go on their first solo travel.
1. Do ample research – Before you begin your solo travel, it is very important to do your research. It has to be thorough to know about the fares and the languages people speak. Make sure that you learn a few basic terms of the local language so you can communicate at least the basic things.
2. Blend with the locals – In terms of dressing do not dress as if you are a tourist. Do some research and see how the locals dress. Do not overdress by wearing jewellery or any other stuff that is expensive that can attract some unwanted attention.
3. Do not trust completely – Solo travelling means, meeting new people when you are travelling. But you have to be careful in terms of trusting people too much. Make sure that you take care of your valuables and dont make yourself vulnerable in front of people you hardly know or have just met. You could be followed by predators.
4. Do not focus on being lonely – After you have stepped out being solo, make sure that you make the most of the surroundings and its beauty. Have fun and relax and do not focus much on your loneliness.
5. Travel light – Since you are travelling alone, make sure that you are travelling light with minimum baggage. Excess baggage will make you feel loaded and you might not be able to enjoy.
Photo Credits: Pixabay