The coronavirus pandemic brought an indefinite stall to the travel industry. But now that the vaccines have been around for nearly a year, a number of countries are trying to revive their respective economies by reopening borders for travel. Many people are also trying to get back to their holiday mood and find isolated destinations. One such destination is the Andaman and Nicobar Islands which is a Union territory of India. Crystal clear water, white sand beaches and stunning sunsets are something that one would look forward to.
There are a number of things to do while visiting the islands. Here are the few places that you should not miss when you are at the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
1. Cellular Jail, Port Blair – It is an old colonial prison that is located at Port Blair, which is also the capital of the Union territory. The construction of the jail was done during the colonial rule of the Britishers and gives an idea of what life was for the prisoners during the British rule.
2. Radhanagar beach, Havelock Island – This beach has been awarded as the Best Beach in Asia. It provides a picturesque view of the turquoise waters with white sand and the gentle breeze that allows you to unwind and enjoy.
3. Kalapathar Beach – The name translates to black stones beach. The beach has blue waters, with white sand and black stones which makes it a perfect place to spend time with your loved ones and also provides an amazing background for pictures.
4. Ross Island , Port Blair – The capital has a deserted island known as the Ross Island. It used to be the headquarters of the British and currently it does not have any habitants. The place has some archeological ruins and is the perfect place for people who are interested in the history.
5. Laxman Beach – Since it is an island, the best places would indeed be the beaches. Laxman beach is a secluded beach and a heavenly place for people who are looking for some peace.
Photo Credits: Pixabay