Travel is indeed a time when you might pack your suitcases with disposable toiletries that might not be so eco-friendly. While these are little details to be looked in to, it is still important to consider the Earth and its health, even while you are travelling. No, we are not talking about being extravagant while spending loads in purchasing organic and ecofriendly stuff. We are here with a list of toiletries which are not just sensible and eco-friendly, but are also inexpensive and easy on the pocket.
1. Bamboo Toothbrushes – these toothbrushes are trending and are made of recycled bamboo with no use of plastic. They are not just eco-friendly but also easy to use. There are a number of companies that manufacture these products and are not expensive.
2. Aluminum bottles – Replace your plastic water bottles with aluminum based reusable bottles that could be refilled. The market has a number of designs of these bottles which make them easy to carry and also eliminated the need to spend a fortune to buy drinking water bottles while you are on the go.
3. Plant-based sunscreen – Not many are aware of the fact that the majority of the sunscreen lotions contain the chemicals like octinoxate and oxybenzone. These ingredients damage the coral reefs. You could replace these products with plant-based and reef-safe products that come in a sugarcane bottle.
4. Shampoo bars – shampoo bars are much better than the bottled ones as they are plastic free and also last more than the bottles. They are eco-friendly and also have a smaller carbon footprint.
5. Shaving kit – People are not aware that a staggering amount of plastic is generated due to the disposable razors. When you are travelling, you could opt for the reusable razors which is the right thing to do. Some of the companies manufacture reusable razors that have bamboo handles.
Photo Credits: Pixabay